Name:

Ana Rumschisky

Academic Area:

Marketing

How and when did you get to IE?

I am collaborating with IE since September 2005, through another Professor in my Academic Area.

What sport do you practice?

I’m starting cycling with my husband and I am loving it. But in general, I am a disaster in the sports area.

What is your favorite book?

So many! Perhaps the one that touched me the most was “The Catcher in the Rye” by John Salinger.

Where were you born?

I was born in Buenos Aires but due to my father’s work, I have lived and studied all over the world. I´ve been living in Spain as a citizen for 30 years.

What is your favorite dish?

Any pasta dish drives me crazy.

A memorable moment

The latest one was my PhD Graduation ceremony, it was a very special one.  The most memorable, when I saw for the first time, my daughter’s face, Patricia.

According to you, what makes a good professor?

The one students remember as the years go by. The one who teaches things that are not in the books.

How do you keep up-to-date?

I read everything I can get my hands on, I travel a lot with my family to see what happens outside our borders and I am lucky to have a teenage daughter who is my source of information (I challenge you to ask me about  any kind of music, I know it all). I look more like a writer than a professor, because wherever I go, I  look at everything and  inquire about anything.

What is the secret to your classes or presentations?

None in particular. A good previous preparation, this gives you confidence that without a doubt you project to your students.

A ritual before teaching

I drink water!

An anecdote in the classroom

Once I was moving one at the blackboards, but I did it with such force that  it flew off the wall.

What is your favorite quote or motto of life?

Never take no for an answer.

What has been your worst experience in the classroom?

Recently, my heel got stuck on the floor socket and I fell on my face. As if it was a film, the students craned their necks to follow the path my fall… fortunately I didn´t break anything but I was blushing for the rest of the class.