– Academic Area:
-How and when did you get to IE?
Since 2010. Through Guillermo de la Dehesa putting me in touch with the Dean and Luis Solis in 2009
– What sport do you practice?
Tennis and Cricket
– What is your favorite book?
Tolstoy´s Anna Karenina
– Where were you born?
– What is your favorite dish?
Most types of fish
– A memorable moment
The births of my two children
– What is a good professor for you?
Clarity of mind, ease of expression and open ears
-How do you keep up-to-date?
Continual reading, revisions to data and lectures
– What is your secret for your classes or presentations?
Always try to be clear, simple yet provocative
– A ritual before teaching
None that I know of!
– A story in the classroom
No one story comes to mind, but many, many instances of curiosity, intelligence and humanity among one´s students
– What is your favorite quote or motto of life?
To stand up always for one´s principles
– What has been your worst experience in the classroom?
Teaching a class in statistics to a large class of unwashed and uninterested undergraduates at 9 in the morning!