– Academic Area:
-How and when did you get to IE?
In 2002. I was recruited by Angel Cabrera (Dean then) and Luis Solis.
– What sport do you practice?
– What is your favorite book?
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. But I like others, like ‘The Heart of Darkness’ by Conrad, Poe’s stories etc.
– Where were you born?
– What is your favorite dish?
Any dessert with walnuts or chestnuts.
– A memorable moment
Waking up one morning in a small town in Brazil without knowing anything in advance of that country.
– What is a good professor for you?
When at the end of the course, students ask to learn more about the subject, although they hated it before.
-How do you keep up-to-date?
I read a lot on research carried out in various fields of business management and applied mathematics, it helps me to focus a lot more the classes.
– What is your secret for your classes or presentations?
A good balance between theory and practical applications to teach. Having a sense of humor and never lose it.
– A story in the classroom
A very basic session on statistics that-I do not know how, ended in a full-fledged debate on quantum physics, it was a very special group of students
– What is your favorite quote or motto of life?
I don’t have any.
– What has been your worst experience in the classroom?
Finding a student cheating on a test.